Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Week 2 EOC

Let’s just start by saying that I have boycotted Subway. “What? Why?!”

Well, I used to work in an Outlet Mall. (Yeah I know, so exciting!) So, I was at work and it was my lunchtime and I had, regrettably, not brought any food with me. I decided to venture to the food court and after carefully going over each choice I found myself in the line at Subway. Things appeared to be going normal at first. My sandwich was complete, with not much conversation from the associate but I figured that was forgiveable. So I walked to the register to pay for what I was guessing was an affordable $5 foot long. Oh was I wrong! Apparently the outlet is “too good” for that campaign and decided that it is $10 for a foot long. Not only that but when I questioned their pricing the woman practically bit my head off. This woman rolled her eyes at a customer, used a mean tone and refused to explain the price difference. It was a good idea on her part. She figured out a great way to lose customers!

…and I haven’t touched another Subway sandwich since.

On the other hand, I never thought that I could encounter any kind of good customer service. I never thought that I would come by such a thing, but a few days ago I did. My friend decided that we should randomly go to Teavana. I agreed, but wasn’t thinking much of the trip since I do not drink tea. Right as we were about to enter the store we were greeted by a pleasant man. He offered us some samples and gave us some knowledge about each tea. (Samples always earn you brownie points by the way!) I’m not going to lie, I was not intending to purchase anything, but he was so kind that I almost changed my mind! I have to say that he is probably one of the nicest people I have met in retail in a long time, and I definitely appreciate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment