Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Week 3 EOC

The American dollar is certainly a tricky thing, whether it is weak or strong. There are pros and cons no matter what side you are on. What would I choose? Well…I would have to say a strong dollar and not just because that sounds cool. So why would I really say that? Well let me talk about the differences.

Okay, so what happens if you were to go with a weak dollar? I am not going to lie; if you were to go with a weak dollar then America begins to look bad. Yes, I realize that our economy will be stimulated because foreign countries will invest in us but what happens when one day the other countries realize that investing in a weakening dollar is a bad idea? Something else that will start to occur if America’s dollar is weak is that Americans themselves are going to begin to spend their hard earned money in other countries, and please explain to me why we would not want our currency remaining in the country it belongs?

Now if we somehow manage to bring our strong dollar back from extinction there will be a lot of much needed perks. The economy will finally rise because American’s will actually be investing in their own country and not spending their money elsewhere. Not only that but oil prices would drop and I do not know about everyone else but from what I understand the price of oil is the number one thing that I hear people complain about. I would love to have cheaper gas prices. We have to buy it…there is no way around it and let’s face it American’s drive gas guzzlers.

So if I was forced to choose I would have to decide on strong…and do not lie, that sounds way cooler!

No comments:

Post a Comment